?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

wat kimndom.jpg

What is the Kingdom of God?

Q: Hi Chatgpt, would you help me to get something?

A: Hello! I'll do my best to assist you. What can I help you with today?

Q: You might know theologian Dr. George Eldon Ladd, who was a professor of New Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary.

A: Yes, I am familiar with Dr. George Eldon Ladd. He was a prominent theologian and New Testament scholar who taught at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California from 1950 until his retirement in 1980. His work had a significant impact on evangelical theology and he is particularly known for his views on the Kingdom of God and the already/not yet tension in the New Testament.

Q: One of his outstanding books is The Presence of the Future:: Jesus and Kingdom. Are you familiar with the book?

A: Yes, I am familiar with "The Presence of the Future: The Eschatology of Biblical Realism" by George Eldon Ladd. It is considered to be one of his most significant works and has been influential in shaping evangelical theology's understanding of the Kingdom of God and the relationship between the present age and the age to come.

In the book, Ladd argues that the Kingdom of God is both present and future, and that there is a tension between the "already" and the "not yet" aspects of the Kingdom. He also emphasizes the importance of understanding the Kingdom in terms of the biblical narrative, rather than as a static concept or abstract theological idea.

Overall, "The Presence of the Future" has had a significant impact on evangelical theology and continues to be studied and discussed today.

Q: From Ladd's perspective, what is the Kingdom of God? The Kingdom of God is equally the same as the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of Christ. What is the main points of the Kingdom of God according to Evangelical perspective?

A: From George Eldon Ladd's perspective, the Kingdom of God is the reign and rule of God, both in the present age and in the age to come. Ladd understood the Kingdom to be a central theme of the Bible and of Jesus' teaching, and he argued that it represents the ultimate fulfillment of God's purposes for the world.

Ladd believed that the Kingdom of God is both present and future. In the present, the Kingdom is manifested in the rule of God in the hearts of believers and in the church as the community of those who acknowledge Jesus as Lord. However, the fullness of the Kingdom is not yet realized, and Ladd spoke of a future consummation when God's reign will be fully established and all things will be made new.

In terms of evangelical perspectives on the Kingdom of God, there are several key points of emphasis. These include:

The Kingdom of God is primarily a spiritual reality, not a political or social one. While there may be implications for politics and society, the Kingdom is first and foremost about the rule of God in the hearts of individuals and in the church.

The Kingdom of God is both present and future. While the fullness of the Kingdom is yet to come, believers can experience the reality of God's reign in their lives and in the church today.

The Kingdom of God is centered on Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus that we enter into the Kingdom, and he is the one who will ultimately establish God's reign on earth.

The Kingdom of God is a source of hope and transformation. Believers are called to live in light of the reality of the Kingdom, working to bring its values and principles to bear in the world and anticipating the day when God's reign will be fully established.

Question by Doug Choi

Answer by ChatGPT

2023 05 10

▶ 아래의 SNS 아이콘을 누르시면 많은 사람들이 읽을 수 있습니다.